Saturday, October 4, 2008

Comments on practice (non-venting ones) and qualifying for the AMP Energy 500

It's finally here!! The AMP Energy 500 - How cool does that sound?! Junebug's sponser is the name of the race this weekend. I know that AMP and Junior pulled out all the stops for this weekend at Talladega. I did watch Trackside Live last night and although Junior had a pretty crappy day as far as the car went, a few good things did come of the day. Because the engine was changed, Junior would have started from the back of the field. Now, because they went to the back up car, Junebug was able to keep his qualifying spot and qualified 15th.

All Junior fans should be AMPed for this race, the paint scheme looks awesome, and Junior has the firesuit and even an all white helmet and HANS device to match. I am so happy for Junior, I know he's been looking forward to this all year long and I really hope he wins this race. The win would tie him with his own teammate Jeff Gordon, and would totally get him back up at the top in the chase points standings. Oh and while I'm thinking about it, Brad Keselowski may get his cup debut sooner than he thought. Casey Mears' girlfriend is pregnant and from what I heard yesterday, is really close to delivering their baby, and (and you know that Mr. Hendrick was understanding about this) Casey is commited to being with her during the delivery. So if Casey does get the call, then Brad will be in the #5 car for Casey tomorrow. That's all the news I have for now, I think, never know, something new always seems to find it's way here.

No comments: