Monday, November 3, 2008

Wow! Check out what Jimmy Spencer said about Brad! (and my opinion about it)

I was watching NASCAR Victory Lane last night, and Jimmy Spencer was talking about how well Brad did last night. I have to agree with Spenc, (nevermind that he grew up about 20 minutes from where I live) Brad started way in the back, and although he was a lap down, he finished 19th! (One position ahead of Junebug). Anyway, what Jimmy said was that he feels that Brad is ready for the cup series, whereas Joey Lagano, (who originally was scheduled to run this race) isn't ready at all. Joey fell back I think down 5 laps or so, and finished a sad 40th.

I thought was pretty cool that Jimmy praised Brad, while the media seems to think that Joey is such a talented driver. I'm not putting Joey down, and not saying he's not a talented driver, it's just that he hasn't done well in any of the cup races he's run, finishing at least 20th or worse in each of them. Brad made his debut, starting back around where Joey started, and yet Brad fought and made his way to 19th!

No comments: