Sunday, November 2, 2008

There's next year....

I know you all must like it when I ramble, why else would you come back? Anyway, I want to start out by saying I'm so proud of Dale Jr for the insanely great job he's done this year. He broke his win-less streak at Michigan, made the chase and is as happy as I've seen him in a long time. He's really had to start all over again as far as working with new teammates, a new boss, new sponsors, and like he said in the Chevy commercial, a new number and new colors. I think the move to Hendrick has done Junebug well. He's realized that he can't always yell (for lack of a better word) to Tony Jr about the car, because that just frustrates him more and he loses focus. He's found a way to be himself and communicate better while in the car, and I know he's looking forward to next year, just as much as I'm sure you all are and I know I am.

I'm one of those fans who have looked at this season and thought, "You know what, this is his first season being with HMS, and just like anything else, being around new people (pit crew, garage crew, staff at HMS), teammates, surroundings, etc. - they take time getting used to. I know Junior will be ready for next year."

I don't look at this year as being a one win year for him. I look at it (or try to) from his perspective, he knows he has the best equipment out there and he knows what he can do with that. He also knows that no matter what, the true Jr Nation fans will be with him all the way.

No comments: