Saturday, November 15, 2008

So much to tell, and three days to tell it....

Yes I know that I usually post the qualifying position for Junior, but with all that's going on this weekend, and how close all three races are (or were) I'm going to wait until after the Championship race tomorrow to post all the results. Ok, Junior qualified 22th, which I know isn't good, but that's because he had a bad draw and went out early.

I'm not sure if it's official yet, and if it is, NASCAR.com hasn't reported it yet, but anyway....


to Landon Cassill on winning the Raybestos Rookie of the Year award!!!!!! I found this article, and because it's pretty short, I'll just post the whole thing here.

Nationwide Series Raybestos Rookie of the Year is Landon Cassill

Kyle Ocker, FanZone Sports

HOMESTEAD, Fla. — Landon Cassill was the winner of the Nationwide Series Raybestos Rookie of the Year award for 2008. Cassill, 19 of Fairfax, Iowa, has run 26 races in his career, with 20 races this year. He achieved his highest finish of sixth place twice, at Gateway and Phoenix last weekend.

“I’m just really proud of everybody, my whole team, for working so hard for me this year,” said Cassill on winning the Rookie of the Year award. “I ran a limited schedule, and I had some really good races, and at times it didn’t look so good, and at times it looked great. You know, it was a real compliment to me, and it was flattering when we went to Phoenix, and all my guys knew it was my last race, and their focus was getting me the finish I needed. You know, I can’t thank them enough for that, for being that focused on winning Rookie of the Year.

“My guys, National Guard, supported me all year, Dale, Jr. who owns my car and the team, and it’s an honor, and I hope I’m a good rookie.”

Cassill raced in all but 3 of his 20 races this season in the No. 5 JR Motorsports Chevrolet. He ran in the No. 4 at Mexico City, Infineon, and Watkins Glen.

“He did a good job for the most part of the year,” said Dale Earnhardt Jr. about Landon winning the Rookie of the Year award. “He got the finishes he needed to win. He had some pretty good competition, I think Brian (Clauson) and he got some really good finishes at parts of the year and showed a lot of good showed he’s got a lot of talent.”


Also, Brad did an awesome job this year and I'm so happy he'll be with JRM next year. I'm not sure if they've found a sponsor for the Nationwide 88 yet or not.

From what I am hearing, and they talked about it during the race tonight, the 5 car will remain at JRM (and I hope I'm getting this right), however it won't run the full season, as of now, the car is going to be entered in at least 7 races. So there's a bit of good news for the #5 car.

Like I said, once the race is over tomorrow night, I will post the results from all three races, as well as who won the three championships.

No comments: