Monday, August 4, 2008

Pictures from Pocono

Wow, didn't realize I took this many pictures!!
I had so much fun and can't wait until next year.
Enjoy!!!



Traveling along Interstate 80 and
going into the Pocono Mountains.
Didn't hit me yet where we were going.


Right here is when it hit me,
I'm actually going to a NASCAR race!!



The only time I had a clear view of anything down that way.


Ok, I know that me doing that looks cheesy, but really, I don't care.
It's my first race and if those race car drivers can point their pointer
finger up in the air like that, then so can I!! Ha ha.



I had no clue what this meant until now.
Pocono Raceway has over 1,000 bathroom stalls,
making it the only track with that many stalls on the
Sprint Cup Circuit. (A little too much info, I know)





I really don't wanna know what those are used for,
hopefully they're just there for decoration.


------POCONO RACEWAY FAN FAIR------



The first thing we saw when we walked into this section.
Gone, but not forgotten




Jeff G. (and my Dad's head)




Wonder who Ryan is talking to over there?
Maybe Chad? (The Alltel guy)



In case you didn't see the sign on both sides, this one is Kurt Buschs'


The Biff


Do you think they put that stand there (right under Kevin's head) on purpose?



David


Even the Sprint Cup Series has their own merchandise trailer.




Don't look so serious Mikey.
(He must have known he was gonna have a bad day)


Jeff B.



Keep looking, you'll see the opposite side further down.




I have no idea who the dude in the red is,
but there's Jamie.



Patrick and Elliot



Matt.

One of my favorite Jr pictures.


Told ya you'd see the backside down here.


Last picture of Jr. (If you don't know, that's me there)



Kasey



Smoke


Yup, that's Denny Hamlin. I didn't intend to stand in line for his autograph,
but figured this is as close as I'll get to a NASCAR driver at this race,
so a picture of him is better than nothing!!

Carl Edwards trailer
(Who knew when I took this that we'd be
watching him do that later in the day?)



Both sides of Mark Martin's Merchandise trailer.

---FAN EXTRAS---
After you get past all the merchandise trailers,
some of the sponsors have their own fan interaction trailers.
Dad wanted to keep moving so I didn't go into any of these.
Dad's not an Old Spice type guy,
and neither of us are into Jack Daniels.
(No offense Clint, I think you're a cool guy)


One of my friends is a former Marine, and I support all of our troops,
no matter where they're stationed.
They keep this country free, so we don't have to.
Next time you see a Vet - thank them ok? :)


The Sprint Experience
(No clue what it was, but I thought the stage looked cool, and if I think it's cool
and worth memory disk space, I'll take a picture of it.)

I'm not a truck driver, and in order to play in the
Truck Driver Challenge, you had to have your current CDL,
so that was out for me. However, one of my favorite drivers is Kyle Petty,
and I'm a supporter of Victory Junction Gang, so I had to have a picture of this car.

Not sure what this one was about either, all I know is it was for Old Spice, still looked cool.


Ok, so I lied.
I went in and saw the Team Chevy cars that were on display
and found a few other things too. :)
Plus that, I'm a Chevy girl,
so you know I had to check it out!



Team Chevy.

I couldn't get my picture by the AMP car, well.... because it wasn't there.
So, here's Jeff's car (and me standing beside it with my AMP in hand).

Now there's power!!
(Don't ask what Mr. Blue Hollister shirt is doing there, cuz I don't have any clue.)



Hey! How did Jeff's car get out here and how did no one notice it was gone?!?!
Ha ha, yeah, that wasn't all that funny...
anyway, on we go.....
First Jeff's car, now Junior's firesuit?!?!
Ha ha, yeah... still not all that funny.
Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool that they had
it on display.
Corvette from the American Le Mans Series

Red Bull Chevy Cobalt from NHRA


------ OUR VIEW FROM THE GRANDSTANDS ------
The view wasn't the greatest, but I loved our seats.
We sat in the family section, which I would rather sit in anyway,
mostly considering the family section at Pocono is right down there
where the action happens in front of your face.

Wayyy over there is where the
Speed stage is at Pocono.


This guy was flying right over our heads!!
Thankfully he got out there where all the other jumpers
were and perfected his landing!!


What I've been waiting all summer for --
The green flag is about to fly!



The DirectTV blimp



(right to left)
Scott Riggs, Bill Elliot,
and Jamie McMurray

(right to left)
Mark Martin, David Gilliland,
Ryan Newman, Dale Earnhardt Jr
and Kasey Kahne



Mark Martin



Jimmie Johnson


David Ragan going into pit road.



(Right to left)
Half of Carl Edwards,
Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth (again)




(From right to left)
Kasey Kahne, Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle
and Mark Martin



Regan Smith


(left) Jeff Burton and (right) Jamie McMurray



Nascar cameraman and his helper
(I don't know what they're called)
standing a few rows below us.

(The rest of these I borrowed from daylife.com)
We were at the wayyy end, so we couldn't see Carl do his backflip.
So here's some pictures close up!!



"Ok Pocono, you want the backflip?!? You got the backflip!!"

"I will not fall on my butt, I will not fall on my butt"


"I'm gonna land it, I'm gonna land it....."

Perfect landing!!!

The Winner and his trophies....

Way to go Carl!!

It was an awesome day and I can't wait until next year!!!
(Ok so a few of these I didn't take,
that will be easy to see, but the
majority of them were taken by my Dad and I)

No comments: