Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pocono recap and a little ranting from me about Pocono and the state of PA

Like I really need to do this considering I was there.
(Sorry, getting late, sarcastic side of me is coming out) Anyway, the race at Pocono was pretty uneventful, except for a few minor wrecks, Kurt Busch spinning out (right in front of where I was sitting) and a 40 minute rain delay. Congrats to Carl Edwards and the Office Deport team.

I can remember last June, Dale Jr was interviewed and he was asked what did he think of the track? I felt so bad for him and several of the the other drivers. In PA, that early in June, it's usually never as hot as it was that day. That heat wave lasted for I don't know how many days, and the fact that those drivers were already in cars that are hotter than hades themselves didn't help either. Anyway, Jr's answer was simple as he was also very hot and winded from the race. "It needs totally repaved." Even though I don't know them, I love the Mattioli's and have so much respect for them for sticking to their guns and not letting people (who shall remain nameless) to come in and take over Pocono. Pocono is one of those tracks that's in th e middle of no where, almost like Darlington. It's one of those tracks that makes you wanna watch it just because it's different than all the other ovals on the circuit. To the Mattioli's I give much credit. Pocono means so much to me because it brings NASCAR to Pennsylvania. I could go to Dover, that's 4 hours away from me, or I can travel right out Interstate 80 and go to the Poconos.

On the flip side of that, Dale Jr is right. That track is in much need of a total facelift, if you watch the Pocono races on TV you can see the bumps the cars go over.
Please, Mattioli family, take this into consideration.

No comments: