Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bristol Recap and I'm due to rant about something

Wow, talk about twisted metal! That's one of the more exciting races I've seen in the past few weeks. Thankfully, Jr wasn't in any of the wrecks that occurred tonight and he did an awesome job getting through them without getting involved in them. Due the track being slick, Jr didn't take a risk during qualifying and ending up qualifying 40th. I give Jr all the credit in the world for that, although I have a feeling Jr wasn't too pleased with where he started. Jr started passing cars before his car passed the start/finish line and got black flagged for it. What's sad is they replayed it, and Juan Pablo Montoya did the same thing, and to my knowledge, he didn't get black flagged for it like Jr did. Anyway, that put Jr down a lap for the rest of the race, and although Jr got close a few times, he wasn't able to get the lucky dog. Jr finished this week down a lap, and in the 18th position. Because Jimmie Johnson had worse trouble, he and Jr swapped places in the standings, putting Jr back at 3rd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As most of you know, I try to keep my rants to minimum. This one thing has been kinda bothering me for a few weeks, but right now, I need to get it off my chest. I know I've heard people complain about how they can't stand ESPN's coverage of NASCAR and how they only ever follow the race leader. Good lord here people, just be thankful ESPN is covering it! Bottom line is this, no network is or will ever be perfect with their coverage, and I have a feeling when ABC takes over, someone will have something to complain about there too. Come on, there's far more worse things to complain about in the world. I have said before that I can be blunt at times, and considering this is my blog, I feel I have the right (as an American citizen) to voice my blunt opinion when I want to.

No comments: