Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Indy recap and thoughts about the race on Sunday


Dale Jr did pretty well on Sunday, dispite how screwed up the race was - he started 11th and finished 12th. Congrats to his teammate Jimmie Johnson on his win for Lowe's and Hendrick Motorsports.
This coming Sunday, it's finally here, and I'll be there.
The Red Cross Sunoco Pennsylvania 500.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who's fault was it? I sure don't think NASCAR had anything to do with it. Goodyear brought in a tire that was fit to use with the old car. They figured that rubber would lay down on the track like always, just like it did with old car. Keep in mind, the new car has a lot more weight added to it. Plus that, this is the first year the COT has been used at all race tracks. So of course there's gonna be glitches and things that need to be worked on to make it better. I know I was either pretty young, or not even born yet when the old car was introduced. I'm sure teams complained and had problems with it too.

I have to give credit to all the pit crews, they worked extra hard, and not being used to having that many pit stops had to have exhausted them by the end of the race. They worked their tails off and I'm proud of them for that.

I have to give credit where credit is due. Mike Helton and his staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that the race was run fairly and safely.
Last but not least, credit goes to the drivers themselves. They didn't know what was gonna happen from turn to turn, much less from the back straightaway to the front straightaway (just ask Mike Waltrip, sorry I had to bring that up Mikey). The drivers made the best of a bad situation. All in all, it's one of the more nail-biting and exciting races I've watched in a while.

No comments: