Thursday, October 15, 2009

My personal thoughts on current NASCAR events.

I haven't really taken the time to write my thoughts on the current events surrounding NASCAR recently, so, I felt like now would be the perfect time to do that.



First is the grade I feel that Lance McGrew should recieve for being interim Crew Chief for Dale Jr. I feel he gets an "A" because of the fact that Dale's cars have been much faster and Dale is providing much needed communication during the race. Lance checks in with Dale about every 5-10 laps to see how the car is handling, and is willing to work with Dale if he offers a suggestion when a pit stop is coming up. I know their finishes have usually ended in DNF's or when they have run the entire race, they've gotten back in traffic and not able to get back up to the top, but Lance and Dale Jr have, like I said, seemed to work very well together.



Secondly, how I feel this years chase is shaping up. I'm excited to see some different contenders in the chase this year. Guys like Juan Pablo Montoya have made the chase more exciting this year and I'm looking forward to see if Jimmie Johnson holds on and claims his 4th Championship, or if someone comes up and ends the streak.

I am so happy that Dale Sr was voted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame yesterday. I posted the article yesterday that was full of comments from the Earnhardt family. I whole heartedly agree with what Dale Jr said - "For what my dad achieved in this sport—both on and off the track—he certainly earned his place in history and deserves to be distinguished in this inaugural class of NASCAR Hall of Fame inductees," said his son Dale Earnhardt Jr. "It means a lot to the Earnhardt family, and it means a lot to my dad's fans, which I am one. He was the man, plain and simple." -- Dale's right, it does means a lot to Dale Sr's fan, but also being a Dale Jr fan, it should (and I hope does) mean a lot to JR Nation.

I'm looking forward to Brad's move to the Cup Series and Kelly Bire's move to JR Motorsports. I'm sure that Brad will run very well for Penske Racing and be a great teammate to Kurt Busch and Sam Hornish Jr. I'm also excited to see Kelly Bires develop into a great driver and hope that he will learn a lot from Dale jr in the same way that Dale Jr has done.

That's all I got for right now, we'll see how the rest of the season shakes out for Dale Jr. and I'll soon have a post to give somewhat of a background on Kelly Bires.

No comments: