Monday, August 24, 2009

Sharpie 500 and rumors about Brad.

Dale Jr and the 88 team had another strong run this week at Bristol. Dale started 27th, and worked his way to the top 10, at one point running 6th. Dale finished 9th and is still 21st in points. While we all know he won't make the chase this year, I have a good feeling that the hard work that he, Lance and the 88 crew have put in is starting to pay off.

As for Brad and the rumor that he is going to run for Penske next year, I'll keep you updated as to whether the rumor is true or not. All I can tell you right now is that Mr. Penske asked for and received permission to speak with Brad about the posibility of him running for Penske full time next year. Brad would take the place of David Stremme and would be teammates with Kurt Busch and Sam Hornish Jr. Brad hasn't said whether he will definately go to Penske or not yet. If he would go, this would remove him from the 88 Nationwide car, and I personally don't want to see that happen. I personally have a feeling that Brad would not want to run in anything but a Chevy, and would hope that Tony Stewart would extend an invite for Brad to join he and Ryan at Stewart-Haas Racing. Like I said, I will keep you updated as to what happens with Brad and his future.

No comments: