Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I normally don't post pics of other drivers, but I had to post this....

because of how emotional the win for Denny Hamlin was on Monday.

Most of the images of Dale that I find and post here come via daylife.com - I went there tonight just to look around and saw this headline from the site. I think every NASCAR fan, whether JR Nation Crew Member, Shrub fan, or even Hurricane Hamlin fan got teary eyed on Monday when Denny won. I know he wanted this one badly, no so much to end his winless streak, but more so to honor his grandmother. I read in the newspaper today that she was truely his biggest fan. She wore her #11 socks, held her #11 teddybear and watched every race. Even if she had to squint to see the TV, she watched Denny race on TV every week. Denny felt she knew how tough the competition is in NASCAR and knew how much she meant to him. Having said that, here is the picture from daylife.com



Thank you daylife.com for posting this on your site, NASCAR fans everywhere thank you for it!!

No comments: