Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Headlines (and a rant, I'm due for one)

Well, as usual I read the headlines and pretty much all of them are pointing at the same thing. Should Tony Jr be replaced as Dale Jr's crew chief? So since all of them say pretty much the same thing, and I won't post anything negative about Dale Jr, I figure I'd fill this space with a rant.

The way I see it is this -- Rick Hendrick is the boss, the media isn't. He will decide if a change needs to be made and when and if he does, he will more than likely sit down with both Dale and Tony Jr and explain why he's doing what he's doing. I'll be a Junebug fan till the day I die, but Junior's gotta realize that he's not the one pulling the strings as far as his Sprint cup career goes (at least on the owner and boss side he's not). He might have a little say in what decisions are made, but Rick is ultimately the one who will decide if Tony Jr gets replaced. Dale Jr's smart, he knows what is said about Tony Jr and I don't blame him for getting irritated when people start putting blame on Tony Jr for what happens on the track. Part of the responsibility lies on the driver, and Junior's said that plenty of times before. On the other hand, I really think that Junior should have Tony Sr back, however that would take him away from Brad Keselowski, and especially right now, Brad really needs Pops to be there at his crew chief. So we'll see how this plays out for right now. That's all I got for right now, talk to you later!

No comments: