Sunday, June 14, 2009

War of Words

Just so we get this all straight and you know me, I won't post anything unless it's said by Dale Jr, Lance, etc. We currently have a war of words going on between our man, Jr and who else but Vyle Kyle Busch. When he says something about Dale Jr, that's one thing, but when he says something about Jr Nation, that's quite another thing. Dale will stand up for his fans anytime anywhere and my feeling is that Kyle is just jealous. Why? Because here he is, one of the most talented drivers (and admit it people he is) in the sport today, and yet he doesn't have near the fan base that Junior has gained. Anyway, here are the war of words that have been spoken by both drivers since Kyle was asked his opinion on Tony Eury Jr being replaced by Lance McGrew. (and the reporter that asked that is a moron if you ask me - just for asking such a stupid question)



"If [Earnhardt] doesn't run well, then [McGrew's] going to be the problem again. It's never [Earnhardt]: It's always the crew chief." - The Vile One

Dale was asked what he thought of Kyle's comment -

"That doesn't really surprise me what Kyle says. He's always had a chip on his shoulder for me. I expect anytime he gets an opportunity to throw a jab in there he's going to do it. That's just his personality." - Junebug

Kyle was then asked if he felt there was a rivalry (again) between he and Dale -


"I've got no issues with Dale Jr. It wasn't him that kicked me out of Hendrick Motorsports; it was Casey Mears."

(Woah, hold the phone! What does Casey Mears have to do with all of this?? Casey and Kyle were with Rick the same year, so there's no way that Casey would have kicked Kyle out. That was just a cop out so he wouldn't have to answer that question honestly.)

"I really don't see how that argument really is that relevant to anything and I don't even know really what kind of problem he has or what kind of solution he wants. I don't really get into it" - Junebug


(Now you would think that statement would have settled things, but of course Shrub had to take it a step further when he was asked about his disgraceful guitar smashing at Nashville.)

"It was fun and a lot of people enjoyed it and thought it was different -- the sport's not so vanilla. A lot of people hated it and I guess those are the ones with '88' tattooed on their arms... or maybe still '8'."

One reporter commented with a laugh, "You and Dale." To which Kyle replied --

"I've got no issues with Junior -- it's his fans that are crazy, but that's all right."

Then just to add to the already immature amount of comments he had already made, he added this -

"Sounds to me like the most popular driver award goes to Kyle Busch this year, right?"


Dale, who has bigger fish to fry, (article on that to come later) simply replied with this statement in which he stood up for Jr Nation.-

"My fans handle themselves well and they're good people. So I think anyone who would be calling them out and stirring them up is causing problems not only for himself but everyone else in this sport."


(Thank you Dale!!!!)

I'll keep up with this "rivalry" and add in anything else if it happens to be said.













No comments: