Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500

Yes I was there! I have pics from the race, including ones from the pre-race tech inspection area, and I will post them either tomorrow or Sunday. Since I couldn't hear the scanner, I didn't really have a good understanding of how Dale's car was handling. However, from where I sat, I could tell by the middle of the race he was sliding off the corner in turn 3. At one point he took 2 tires which put him up in second, but being lose made him spin out on his own, bringing out a caution. Dale made it around the track and to pit road. This put him down a lap and in 27th for the rest of the day. He is still hanging in at 14th in points, but really needs to pick it up if he's going to be in the chase this year. There are 5 races until the cut off for the chase and considering where Dale was this time last year. I can see a change in the changes that where made at Hendrick over the off season. This weekend the big boys are north of me in New York at Watkins Glen.

No comments: